Seasoned UI/UX Designer with over 15 years of experience creating digital user interfaces. My focus is on designing the look and feel of a project and creating an intuitive user experience. I have worked on a diverse range of projects including game design, website design and mobile app design. I also have experience composing and recording music and sound effects.
Lead UI/UX Designer
Gungho Online Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA, April 2015 - Present)
- Head of the Creative Team. Manage the junior artists.
- Design the UI/UX for our games and responsive websites.
- Coordinate with the Production Team to determine the functionality of each project.
- Create freehand sketches based on those discussions and revise them as needed.
- Create the wireframes, mock ups and prototypes for testing purposes.
- Design all the artwork needed for UI purposes (icons, buttons, color schemes, etc.).
- Work with the Engineering Team to discuss the layouts, create design specs and provide art assets for implementation into the code.
UI/UX Designer & Sound Designer
Freelance Designer (Los Angeles, CA, July 2013 - April 2015)
- Responsibilities on the jobs listed below include creating sketches, wireframes, mock ups, prototypes, design specs and art creation, as well as composing and recording music and sound effects.
- Hyvve: designed the UI layout and art assets of a time management app (to do list) for iOS and Android.
- Word Drop: designed the look and feel of a word game for iOS and Android.
- Spark Unlimited: designed the UI/UX of a Monster themed mobile game with a pinball mechanic for iOS and Android.
- Hello Studios: redesigned the existing UI of a Keno style mobile game. I also composed and recorded all the sound effects and theme music.
- LastLook: UI design and art creation for a fashion app on iOS.
- Reckless Rivals: wrote and recorded the theme music for a car racing game on iOS and Android.
Zynga (Los Angeles, CA, August 2009 - June 2013)
- Lead Artist on the Petville game. Mentored the junior artists on the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash.
- Designed the UI layout and templates for other artists to follow. This included providing the guidelines on UI dimensions and the size and type of art assets to be implemented.
- Helped the Mobile Team transition from Flash games to the mobile platform by researching the differences between mobile and desktop functionality and implementing that into our designs.
- Designed UI layouts, wireframes, mock ups, design specs and art assets for Forestville, Cityville Hometown, Holy Mackerel, Coasterville and the Zynga Mobile Social Channel.
- Wrote and recorded a few of the very first Petville game theme songs.
Expertise with Mac and PC platforms using all the usual suspects – Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), MS Suite, InVision, HTML, CSS, Franken-Coder, Pro Tools, Cubase.
Austin Community College – Computer Graphics and Animation